Reminder: New operating system default in HTC system on October 17

Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:01:01 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reminder: New operating system default in HTC system on October 17
Greetings CHTC users,

This is a reminder for all users of our high throughput computing (HTC) system. Starting on October 17, CHTC-managed submit servers will change their default job requirements from allowing your jobs to run only on Scientific Linux 6, to allow your jobs to run on Scientific Linux 6 or CentOS 7. Unless you already know that your software will only run on CentOS 7 (in which case, a submit file "requirement" will override the default), your jobs should be unaffected by the change and should continue to run normally without taking any additional action. (Please let us know if you experience otherwise.)

For more details, including how to request a single operating system (if necessary) or how to test your jobs on each, see our initial email below.Â

Best,
Your CHTC team