[Chtc-users] HTC submit-5 going down at 10:00 AM tomorrow to fix issue. Jobs may be interrupted

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:30:23 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] HTC submit-5 going down at 10:00 AM tomorrow to fix issue. Jobs may be interrupted
For Users of submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu,

*(Users of the HPC Cluster or of other HTC submit servers will
not be affected.)*

We have become aware of an issue on submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu, and
a fix is needed urgently. We will be taking the server down at
roughly 10:00 AM tomorrow (Tuesday, July 11th), and plan for it
to be down for no more than 12 hours, barring unforeseen
difficulties.

We will send a command-line announcement to all users logged
into the server, just before taking it down. A follow-up email
will be sent to notify users of when the server is back up and
available for SSH connections and job submission.

Because the server will be down for more than 2 hours, jobs
running from submit-5.chtc.wisc.edu may be interrupted, but will
remain in the queue to be re-run by HTCondor when submit-5 is
online again (you should not need to resubmit already-queued
jobs).

Please email us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx know if you have questions
or notice additional issues. We are sorry that we cannot put off
the fix and that jobs may be interrupted for it.

Thank You,
Your CHTC Team