[Chtc-users] submit-5 down for maintenance February 14-16

Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 15:04:19 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] submit-5 down for maintenance February 14-16
Greetings,

As part of our effort to instate a bi-annual downtime schedule for the CHTC-ownedÂsubmitÂservers in our HTC System, we will be takingÂsubmit-3.chtc.wisc.eduÂdown from Tuesday, February 14 through Thursday, February 16 to perform file system maintenance and to update the Linux kernel.

On the morning of Tuesday, February 14 (next week),Âsubmit-3 will be shut down and unavailable for job submissions.ÂUsers with accounts onÂsubmit-3 will be affected in the following ways
  • Users will not be able to log in to the server, which means that data will not be accessible and no new jobs can be submitted until we announce that the server is back online. (Data in /squid and /mnt/gluster will also be inaccessible viaÂsubmit-3 accounts.)
  • Jobs not completed by February 14 will be interrupted, though HTCondor will keep them in the queue and re-run them after the server is back online.
  • All data onÂsubmit-3 will be preserved and accessible after the maintenance period, including data in /home. (Data in /squid and /mnt/gluster is not located on the server, but on other external servers, and will also remain intact.)
We will send an email to notify users when the server is once again accessible for log in. However, please plan to not useÂsubmit-3 from February 14-16, in case our maintenance requires the entire planned duration.

As always, please send any questions or concerns toÂchtc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,
Your CHTC Team