[Chtc-users] CHTC HTCondor users: /mnt/gluster and "mem" servers unavailable tomorrow, 8am-12pm

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:58:00 -0600
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] CHTC HTCondor users: /mnt/gluster and "mem" servers unavailable tomorrow, 8am-12pm
Greetings CHTC Users,

Due to late-notice maintenance in the building where some of our compute hardware is stored, the /mnt/gluster location and high-memory servers (mem1 and mem2) in CHTC's HTC System (HTCondor Pool) will be unavailable tomorrow, January 28, from 8am-12pm.Â

Potential effects that HTC users can anticipate:
  • Users of /mnt/gluster and their jobs will be unable to access data in this location during the outage.Â
  • Jobs already running on mem1 or mem2 will unfortunately be interrupted. HTCondor will keep such jobs in the queue and restart them on a new server as soon as a new job match can be made.
  • All users who do not access /mnt/gluster or rely on our high-memory servers will be unaffected, and jobs submitted from CHTC submit nodes will otherwise continue to run as usual, with HTCondor automatically restarting jobs on new execute nodes if they are at all affected by the outage.
  • CHTC's HPC Cluster will be completely unaffected by the temporary outage.

We apologize for the short notice (as it was short for us, as well). As always, please feel free to email chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx if you have any questions for us.

Best Wishes,
Your CHTC Team