[Chtc-users] Issues with HPC Gluster filesystem

Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:15:09 -0500
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chtc-users] Issues with HPC Gluster filesystem
Hi All,

Weâre currently experiencing some issues with the HPC Gluster filesystem thatâs effecting COMSOL, environment-modules (module load stuff), and symlinks.

Earlier today we added 2 new servers to the Gluster filesystem which caused Gluster to rebalance the distribution of files across all the Gluster servers. This rebalance process is flawed and appears to have caused some issues with the filesystem. Unfortunately, we'll need to wait until the rebalance process is complete (hopefully by Monday) before we correct these issues as we don't want to make things worse.

Weâll let you know when these Gluster issues have been resolved.

Neil Van Lysel
Systems Administrator
Center for High Throughput Computing