[Chtc-users] Impact of Campus Network Issues on CHTC Resources

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:17:27 -0500
From: Lauren Michael <lmichael@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] Impact of Campus Network Issues on CHTC Resources
Dear Users,

We are aware that the campus is experiencing network issues affecting several buildings, including some that contain hardware for the CHTC's HTC Pool and HPC Cluster. During this time, it is likely that you may experience performance issues related to:

-file transfer speed
-SSH access to HTC submit nodes and HPC head nodes
-command returns and other performance on submit/head nodes
-HTC job interruption, especially if "Flocking" to other campus pools or "Gliding" to the OSG (HTCondor will re-queue these jobs automatically)

While your ability to complete current work on our HTC or HPC resources may be slower than usual during this time, we see no technical reason to abstain from doing work altogether.

We are working with building and campus network representatives to resolve these problems and will send an email when we believe that performance is back to normal.

Best Wishes,

Lauren Michael
Research Computing Facilitator
on behalf of the entire CHTC Support Team