[Chtc-users] Users of submit-1: switch to our newer, FASTER submit node!

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:59:42 -0500
From: Lauren Michael <lmichael@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] Users of submit-1: switch to our newer, FASTER submit node!
Hello everyone,

For those of you actively working on submit-1, you've probably noticed that performance has recently been slow and that you may have had repeated difficulty in viewing the queue (condor_q).

There's good news! We have a newer, faster submit node (submit-3), and you can move to this submit node NOW!

Submit-3 has all of the great things about submit-1, including the /squid location for staging large files. But, it also has better overall performance, a better-performing queue, and is more resilient when handling the large job loads of multiple users.

Please contact us ASAP (chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx) if you would like to switch to submit-3, which will require that you use your NetID for your username and password.

The process of switching is basically as follows:
1. You indicate to us that you'd like to switch to submit-3 by sending an email to chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with your submit-1 username and you NetID (they may already be the same).
2. We create your account on submit-3, and you move necessary files to that location.
3. We remove your data and account from submit-1 when you've indicated that you no longer need any files on submit-1.

After eventually moving everyone to submit-3, we will be rebuilding and upgrading submit-1 to have better performance as well. So you might as well make the move NOW, as you'll have to do so at some point in the future, anyway.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!Â

Best Wishes,
Your CHTC Team