[Chtc-users] Documentation, New Tools and chtc-utils rpm update

Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:31:49 -0600
From: Bill Taylor <bt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] Documentation, New Tools and chtc-utils rpm update

Over the winter break, we brought up a new,
more robust, shared submit node in CHTC.
We've also been busy with improved support
software and documentation.

We have a new RPM ("chtc-utils") that includes tools for
compiling Matlab jobs and R libraries in preparation for running
in the CHTC and Open Science Grid.  You'll also need the
chtcjobwrapper (which replaces rungeneric.pl) to run Matlab and R
job.  chtcjobwrapper also offers useful functionality.

We also have the DagRunEnv environment which handles automatically
retrying jobs that may run into problems, especially on Open
Science Grid sites.  The DagRunEnv environment automatically
takes advantage of chtcjobwrapper.  The DagRunEnv environment
also shows our current best practices for submitting jobs, so it can
act as a reference implementation even if you don't use it
directly.

The chtc-utils and DagRunEnv are documented at
http://chtc.cs.wisc.edu/howto_overview.shtml . We're working on
additional documentation for chtcjobwrapper.

--
Bill Taylor 608-263-2656 (608-219-4430)
Center for High Throughput Computing(CHTC)