[Chtc-users] Your own dedicated execution nodes

Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:56:35 -0500
From: Bill Taylor <bt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] Your own dedicated execution nodes
As we expand CHTC's pools, it provides an opportunity
for you to layer in some dedicated resources for your
research projects.

The way this works is that you acquire(pay for
from some fund) some number of servers which
are placed in our pool. These then become
locations which are always available to
run your jobs on top of what you would have available
as a normal client project in CHTC.

In exchange, we will use those as regular resources
for everyone when you are not using them. Any jobs running there
when your jobs come in, will be immediately bumped off.

You buy the server(s)
We make them usable as defined
You have to pay for new disks if one dies
and similar things.
This generates no added system IT operating costs!

That's it.

We are currently pricing out our next upgrade
and NOW is the time to ask questions about this
approach.

Call me with any questions you have.(cell)

--
Bill Taylor 263-2656 (cell 219-4430)
Center for High Throughput Computing(CHTC)