[Chtc-users] CHTC Compute Cluster Downtime Thurs 3/18

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:37:36 -0600
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chtc-users] CHTC Compute Cluster Downtime Thurs 3/18

Dear CHTC Users -

In order to add more compute servers to our campus computing grid, we will need to shutdown the compute machines in one of our campus data centers (rm B240 Computer Sciences) this coming Thurs 3/18 for several hours. Therefore, the overall computing capacity of the CHTC will be significantly diminished on this day.

This shutdown is required so campus steamfitters can add additional chilled water capacity to the room, increasing our capacity to cool more racks of servers --- and thereby allow us to offer the campus more compute nodes for your science.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if the timing of this upgrade will present a serious problem.

Thank you and best regards,
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing  Department of Computer Sciences