Re: [Chtc-users] CS building power outage on July 11 at 6:30AM

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:19:17 -0500
From: Kenneth Hahn <khahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chtc-users] CS building power outage on July 11 at 6:30AM
Hello,

The previously announced power outage for the CS building scheduled for this Saturday (July 11) has been cancelled and will not need to be rescheduled.

Thanks,

-Ken

Kenneth Hahn wrote:
Hello,

I just received notice that the CS building will be having a complete building power outage at 6:30 AM on Saturday, July 11.

The total power outage is scheduled to last less than 30 minutes. However, it will be necessary for us to shutdown all compute nodes beforehand, and it will take some time after the power is restored to bring everything back up.

From the announcement:
"This can only be rescheduled if there is an extremely important reason
that service can not be disrupted at that time -- the work has to be
done, and has to be done soon. The time/date has already been
coordinated by DoIT, Facilities Planning and Management, the
Electric shop and the Steamfitters."

I will give more details as we plan this, but I wanted to make everybody aware of this coming outage.

(I apologize some of you will get this twice, with the cross-list posting).

Thanks,

-Ken