[AIRG] May 1 presentation points

Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 13:30:57 +0000
From: Ellie YANG <fyang99@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AIRG] May 1 presentation points

Hey AIRGers,

Sorry for my late notice. This week I am going to share some preliminary findings from an ongoing paper “Classification Algorithms in Modeling Categorical Variables: A Comparison of Multinomial Logistic Regression”. The paper focuses on addressing the two questions: (1) if there any differences for algorithm performance under the conditions of relatively large vs. small datasets, binary vs multiple, balanced vs unbalanced classes; (2) if there any possibility to use algorithm learning to replace logistic statistics in hypothesis testing for social science inquiry. Though few mathematical explanations will be provided, I am looking forward to discussing with you about the answer to the above questions.

See you there!

Best,
Ellie