Re: [AIRG] Variational Inference 03/27

Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 16:37:12 +0000
From: Aubrey Barnard <barnard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AIRG] Variational Inference 03/27
AIRG,

I would like to remind you that this afternoon David Merrell will be
giving an overview of variational inference, a core category of
approximate inference. Variational inference is often more efficient and
more scalable than MCMC, making it essential for tackling large
problems. This introduction from two of the biggest names in the field
can only serve to increase your knowledge and understanding of this
complex (and therefore often underappreciated) topic.

4pm, CS *3310*
https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.2017.1285773
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~blei/fogm/2018F/materials/BleiKucukelbirMcAuliffe2017.pdf

Aubrey